Saturday, October 27, 2007

Learning No. 9

This one is a ‘big learning’. Why? Because this is a compilation of learning’s, those which have already cost me a lot of time and energy. I hope I can learn, improve and implement these aspects as I go forward.

An identification of a leader is to get the best out of people. And I recently failed here. I think the problem lies in not analyzing why you need people, which translates into not making people aware of their roles before joining and finally into no clear responsibilities for them. And this leads to not getting the best out of them. So, assign clear responsibilities and decision powers.

Secondly, be sure that the work you are assigning to people under you is relevant and that will ensure that their efforts do not go waste. Wasted efforts breed negativity in a team and show lack of value for someone else time.

Finally, here is something that I already knew and still faltered on. Trust people, but also spare the time to follow up that trust.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Trust people, but also spare the time to follow up that trust." Heard this from you earlier too.. Very true.. Been trying (and, I guess, succeeding in some) to follow this ever since.. :-)