Sunday, October 21, 2007

Learning No. 6

Okay, so you have 24 hours on your hands. And you can choose how to spend it, either to build your business or check out how the competition is doing. Checking out competition is good but this often leads to a lot of time being spent on game theory and can be disconcerting for what you were trying to build.


Keep some time aside each week for checking out others. If you come across a link during the week, archive it for that session. In that session try to look at what other people are doing and any learning that you can incorporate from them. And the rest of the time focus on your business.

Mind you, it will need discipline.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have always been saying - Doing PhD is like a one-man-startup, and this blog just proves my point! :D In the research domain, "checking out competition" = "doing literature survey" and I have often got disconcerted by spending more time here than required..

Sometimes I think that I should be putting these up in my own blog (when I start one), but its much easier to leave comments here and say what I want.. ;)