Monday, January 26, 2009

Two Principles and a Learning

This is a quick posting. Because I have something to share and because I just havent posted for so long.
Two Principles that I believe are good to follow and would have signficant affect on success or failure of person/organisation
  • First things first (prioritize) - assuming that you are smart enough to figure out what to do if we can do it in the right order, it could lead to a dramatic increase in output. Let me take a very simple personal example. Our office starts at 9:15 am. Everybody is supposed to be there. But for me there is this habit of reading newspaper every morning which takes half an hour and given that I have been sleeping late, I kept on getting late by 15 min and used to hate it. Made a simple change. Now I go to office and read the newspaper
  • The ones who survive are neither the smartest nor the strongest but the ones most adaptable to change (obviously Charles Darwin). I believe this is true for all success stories

A Corporate Learning: "All processes in an organization will evolve and change". Which leads you to practical things:

  • Keep reviewing processes as you grow
  • Don’t try to make the most comprehensive process possible for starters. Start with the means (read time) you have to build and manage the process. Just get off the ground

takecarez,

Harpreet

3 comments:

KauMoChan said...

hi! stumbled to your blog....very interesting... i liked lessons you learned...keep posting them...really good.

Random ramblings said...

hey...just came across your blog and found it very interesting...incidentally I had attended a Darwin exhibition recently and remember this idea resonating with me too!

Deepika said...

Nice blog... good that you shared your learnings its useful along with being interesting... try to take out some more time time for writing.. :)
keep writing

Take care